Covid and seasonal flu vaccinations can now be booked through an online portal.
Those eligible will be offered a bivalent vaccine targeting both the original and Omicron Covid-19 variants.
An alternative vaccine will soon be available for those unable to obtain an mRNA-based product.
The vaccination program is open to all islanders in the following categories:
- From 50 years
- At higher risk due to health condition
- A frontline healthcare and social worker
- A caretaker
To be eligible for the booster dose, an adult (over 18 years of age) in this group must:
- have either completed their primary vaccination course or had a booster vaccination at least three months ago
- Have not had a positive test for Covid-19 in the past 28 days
- Be able to consent for themselves or request a best interest form to be completed by their GP for the Autumn Booster before making a booking.
Those booking an appointment will be asked to enter their name, date of birth and NHS number.
The vaccination team are currently sending out individual communications to eligible registrants, giving them their NHS number and further information on how to book an appointment online.
The Vaccination Team will also be offering walk-in sessions at the Chester Street Vaccine Center from Tuesday 25 October between 9:30am and 4:30pm. Additional walk-in sessions are available on Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th and Friday 28th October.
Additional walk-in sessions will be announced as the program progresses.